1. Setiap hari Isnin – Every Monday
Setiap means every, while hari Isnin means Monday. We can also omit hari when saying days of the week in Malay.
2. pukul 10 malam – 10 at night
To tell time in Malay, use pukul or jam in front of the hour. We can add the following words after the time.
- pagi – morning (1am – 11:59am)
- tengah hari – noon, afternoon (12pm-1:59pm)
- petang – afternoon (2pm – 6:59pm)
- malam – evening, night (7pm – 11:59pm)
- tengah malam – midnight (12am – 12:59am)
3. hanya – only
Hanya is always put in front of the focused part of the sentence.
- hanya saya – only me
- hanya yang ini – only this one
- I eat this only – Saya hanya makan ini, NOT Saya makan ini hanya.
4. di TV3 – on TV3
TV3 is one of the basic TV channels you can get in Malaysia.