1. Saya – I
2. janji – to promise
Janji or berjanji means to promise. Janji can also be a noun which means (a) promise.
3. akan – will
Akan is equivalent to will in English, used to describe future actions. It is put before a verb.
When an akan verbal phrase is negated, the negation word is put before akan, not before the verb.
- tak akan pergi – will not go
- tidak akan dapat – will not get
4. dengar – to listen
5. cakap awak – what you say
Cakap here is a noun, not a verb. It refer to the words a person says.
- cakap cikgu – teacher’s words, what the teacher says
- cakap emak – mother’s words, what mother says
- cakap mereka – their words, what they say